- Be come proficient in assisting to effectively deliver the Disney English interactive content including associated technology.
- Prepare, prior to the start of each class, and be able to effectively use lessons, realia, print materials and supple mental materials.
- Follow prepared content and lesson plans using appropriate methodology and developmentally appropriate teaching practices to enhance each lesson.
- Deliver up to 25 hours per week of ongoing, regularly scheduled classes.
- Continuously assess and find ways to improve the performance of learners as they advance through his/her lessons.
- Prepare and assist with educationally valuable Clubhouse Activities before classes.
- Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and maintain learner records.
- Work with Foreign Trainers to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and endas scheduled.
- Lead remedial classes for low scoring learners and customize the lesson in order to support their learning needs.
- Maintain high quality of academic delivery in his/her own classes ensuring consistently high standards.
- Accurately place learners in the Disney English program by delivering placement assessments in conjunction with a Foreign Trainer or Language Learning Director.
- Check each learner’s homework during class time each week and make corrections as needed.
- Provide coverage for classes in times of trainer sickness or absence.
- Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
- Provide excellent classroom management, in terms of child care and dealing with emergencies and/or unforeseen circumstances that require immediate attention.
Learning Partners are responsible for the Parent Care program and play a critical role in the engagement with our parents to improve their child’s experience, learning progress and overall satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learner’s progress by means of the Trainer/Parent Portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls, Parent-Trainer Conferences and Unit Report Cards.
- Place phone calls to parents or face-to-face communication a minimum of twice per term for each learner in order to update parents on their child’s learning progress, communicate center information and updates, answer parents questions and handle concerns.
- Keep diligent records of all parent communication in the Parent Care binder,including learner’s attendance, soft skill development, and general progress notes to discuss with parents.
- Responsible for regularly updating parent/trainer connection website with information on learner’s weekly attendance, progress, assessment results, photos and audio recordings.
- Schedule all Parent-Trainer Conferences, Make Up Classes and Remedial Classes. Provide both oral and written translation as needed during class and throughout the center.
- Through the delivery of guest service excellence and measurable academic results, and support of the sales process, ensure that Center performance goals are met through new learner enrollment and existing learner renewals.
- Understand the center business objectives.
- Participate in or deliver a variety of English Language Learning events as scheduled by the LLD or ACM, including but not limited to Demos, Referral Events, Center Events,Make Up Classes, Parent Seminars and New Parent Orientation Meetings.
- Regularly attend and participate in staff meetings and take part in professional development sessions.
Safety and Security
Service and Operational Standards